School of Horticulture

Tucked in the 40 hectares of garden are botanical gardens, is a beautiful rose garden with 2400 roses, vegetable and herb plantings, a parterre garden as well as a café for guests. The School of Horticulture, which began in 1936, is now more popularly known as the Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens and School of Horticulture. The botanical gardens are maintained and nurtured by the students and alumni of the institute who are taught the art of horticulture. It is also the school’s staff that maintains these gardens.